Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm home!

I've made the journey home safe & sound! Daddy and I pulled into the driveway of our house at about 11:15 last night, and at nearly all points before that the trip was amazingly smooth. The only small hitch was that our bus broke down in Accra, but even US Customs was supremely easy and worry-free! More posting on Ghana and the experience of coming home will happen very soon.
Today, though, be thinking about me & my family. I'm going with my dad to visit his cousin in Hospice, who's only expected to live a couple more days, and there have been a lot of recent deaths on that side of the family.
I love you all! I don't have my cell phone just yet, but feel free to call my house, and know that I'll be around online and such asap :)
Thanks for caring!
love,
Rachel Rose

4 comments:

Jane R said...

Welcome home, dear Rachel!

Adam Waxman said...

Echo Jane's comment...looking forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. My name is Sara Shisler and I am a Seminarian at Yale Divinity School and Berkley Divinity School which is the Episcopal Seminary at Yale (confusing enough :)). Myself and two other students are trying to put a trip together to Ghana for next June, specifically to St. Nicholas Seminary! We have been in contact with Dean Atta-Boefo and he excited about our visit, but said that sadly the students will be out of class at that point. We also have interest in connect with congregations in the area and other social justice work. I just stumbled across your blog!! I have yet to read all of it, but I wanted to contact you first and see if you had any suggestions or information that might help us about planning a trip to Accra/Cape Coast. We will only be there for three weeks, so that limits what we can do. I look forward to reading your blog and hopefully hearing back from you!!

Peace,
Sara

Anonymous said...

I guess I should give you away to get in contact with me. duh.

sara.shisler@yale.edu

I look forward to hearing from you!