Thursday, December 7, 2006

I'm going to Ghana!

It's rather official at this point- I've turned in all of my paperwork, my plane ticket is paid for, I know where I'm living (sort of... next thing on to-do list: get a map of Cape Coast) and I'm going to Ghana! This is a Guilford study abroad program, so I'm not technically graduating yet, I'm just spending my last semester abroad. It's an unconventional move, but it feels right and I'm being allowed to do it, so yay!
In case you want to know, I am hoping/planning/applying to go to divinity school next year at one of these 5 places: Duke, Claremont, Candler (at Emory), Wesley, and Claremont. I'm praying that one of these turns out to be as perfect for me as Guilford has been.
In the meantime, though, I'm being led toward Africa, and goodness knows what kinds of experiences I'll have there. I can't wait! Oh, except for all the stuff I need to get done before then ;) if only time would warp to the exact rate I desire at my every whim... o well. ;) Everything should be fine and good.
To fill folks in on the details of this "fine and good" I plan to use this handy-dandy blog! So, feel free to email me (my Guilford account still works), but please, for the sake of my tendency to be a horrible penpal, ask me specific questions... I'm 10x more likely to respond.
*muah* and *hugs*.
Thanks for caring ^_^
-Rachel Rose

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel is on the internets! *hugs*
I *guess* that makes this whole "going off and leaving us forever" thing a little better. :-) Love ya dear, and hope you have an awesome time over there.

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

Tonight at Yachting was very moving. You are going to be bringing a lot of light and love to Africa with it, and I like to think you left some with us without diminishing your supply.

Fl0w3r Ch1ld said...

I'm very excited for you. And, yes I'll admit, just a little bit jealous. ( :

Have a safe and wonderful trip, and come back with lots of stories to tell.

Anonymous said...

God's speed in Africa. Know that the seminaries will be fighting over you. Will keep this in my prayers. Know you will be missed but that I am so excited about this opportunity for you.
You are very special to me.
Love, Saundra Shultz

Anonymous said...

Hi www.blogger.com people.

Are you searching to get your Site [b]Indexed on top of Yahoo[/b] search engine? Maybe you are looking to get more traffic? We have the ideal solution for you! We offer you an exclusive chance to experiance the knowledge of our [b][url=http://xrumer-blast.com/marketplace/xrumer-products/]Xrumer Experts[/url][/b]. [url=http://www.xrumer-blast.com][img]http://xrumer-blast.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img][/url]

It is NOT spam! This is a human edited entry specifically created to demonstrate the strength of our automated software and its potential of reaching wide variety of audience in an effective and time saving manner.

We are a group of veteran [b]Xrumer[/b] and [b]SEO Experts[/b] that provide [b]Affordable, High Quality, [url=http://xrumer-blast.com/marketplace/seo-products/]Search Engine Optimization Service[/url][/b]. Post your message on thousands of forums, message boards, blogs and journals and gain organic traffic in a matter of days! With the help of our [b][url=http://xrumerblast.livejournal.com/]Search Engine Optimization Experts[/url][/b] your [b]Bussiness URL[/b] can appear on [b]6462[/b] journals and journals. Receive almost instant growth of SERPS, Get thousands of quality backlinks directly to your Forum without lifting a finger!

Our goal is simple; we want to make you and your website on the top of every search engine so you and your family can enjoy the comfort of steady, automatic income without leaving your home. Trough our [b][url=http://xrumer-blast.com/contact-xrumer-blast-com/]SEO Expert Advice[/url][/b] you will receive one of the best support seen in the industry. As part of our [b]Search Engine Optimization Services[/b], we take care of everything for you, from Optimizing your Website for search engines all through ranking your Forum on the first page of your Yahoo.

For more information regarding [b]Search Engine Optimiztion[/b] and [b]Xrumer Blast Services[/b] visit [b][url=http://www.squidoo.com/xrumer-service]Xrumer Services[/url][/b]. Our site includes everything you need to order your first [b]Xrumer Blast[/b], you can create the most appropriate message (Project) to suit your Blog, send us the information and after the payment clearance we will start working immediatly!

[url=http://xrumer-blast.com/marketplace/][img]http://xrumer-blast.com/wp-content/uploads/Xrumer-Blast-Logo.png[/img][/url]